fileserve

FileServe

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Rolling Stones - Some Satanic Tour 1969 (FLAC)




The Rolling Stones - Some Satanic Tour 1969 (FLAC)
1969-11-26 - Baltimore, USA - Civic Garden (CD 1)
1969-11-29 - Boston, USA - Boston Garden (CD 2)
Bootleg: Some Satanic Tour (Dog N Cat DAC-015)

Review on CD 1 (Collectors Music Reviews - gsparaco)
The first disc has the complete Baltimore concert from November 26th. DAC have utilized three different tape sources to complete the show. The first source runs from the beginning through to “Love In Vain”. This source was previously released as Live In Baltimore 1969 & More (Moonlight Records ML 9637) and on the miss-named Live In Washington 1969 & More (Totonka).

Disc 1 (62:44):
01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. Carol
03. Sympathy For The Devil
04. Stray Cat Blues
05. Love In Vain
06. You Gotta Move
07. Under My Thumb / I’m Free*
08. Midnight Rambler
09. Live With Me
10; Satisfaction
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. Street Fighting Man
* Snippet




Review on CD 2 (Collectors Music Reviews - gsparaco)
The second disc is another release of the second Boston show from November 29th, but this is a new tape source. Well You Heard About The Boston…Live 1969 on Exile (EXCD-038) and Have You Heard About The Boston on Scorpio were released almost simultaneously with the DAC. One collector has suggested that the other two releases failed to correct the problem with the tape source which ran too fast. But this release on DAC has corrected it and again, just like with the Baltimore tape, it is excellent sounding and complete
and another excellent performance.
This is one of the best Stones releases to come out recently and is a definite must own.

Disc 2 (66:51):
01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. Carol
03. Sympathy For The Devil
04. Stray Cat Blues
05. Love In Vain
06. Prodigal Son
07. You Gotta Move
08. Under My Thumb
09. Midnight Rambler
10. Live With Me
11. Satisfaction
12. Honky Tonk Women
13. Street Fighting Man




2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your great work. It's always a pleasure to listen to the excellent music and read your interesting comments about the releases.
    Best regards,
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey HRudolf, I appreciate your kind words, but i've got to be honest, the vast majority of comments isn't mine, I usually do an overview of available information, and do a mix. I was thinking to stop putting so many comments and reviews, but I have received so much compliments by posting it that i guess i'm changing my mind. If you pay attention, I always give credit to all texts, reviews, comments, notes, etc. Recently a guy bothered me because of a sentence that he really believed that I had "sucked" from his blog. I was 100% sure not have taken from there (bad and ugly place, indeed), but I gave credit to the guy bugging me. Now, pulling the coals for my barbecue, most the coverart are my personal creations, I do them when there's no option around, or when those existing are too ugly. Ugly by ugly, I prefer mine. Well, thank you very much and continue to visit us.

    ReplyDelete